Monday, February 9, 2009

Dear friends,

Again, welcome to this blog. I see I have three followers… awesome to see. Thanks to all those sending prayers, I feel them everyday.

I cannot begin to describe how much I am learning out here…. Maybe not so much about how to be a nurse (well actually not at all) but rather discovering who I am and how to become more Christ like. To truly know God is to spend time with him.

Today I sat in my favorite spot (the platform in the tree that I told you about and ate grapes (ones that I had picked myself) and mediated about what I want to get out of my time here. I will dwell on that another time but its defiantly not just fun and games but much growth and experience. My roommates and I share a very small space which is teaching me a lot as well. I learnt the hard lesson when I ate a bananna in bed and left the peel by my feet. Ants! Haha. I know your probably all shaking your head at me. One of my roommates is Korean and struggling with language. She beams when I teach her new words and sometimes does a little bow to me. I was showing her the book I was reading, “ Chicken soup for the traveling soul” and she interpreted it as me borrowering it to her. She said “Homework!” and has been reading it ever since. So thankyou kara, your book is being put to good use. Pray for patience for both of us. Her name is Won.

Hmmm what else… I did go to the beach once this week and also to a fresh water river with some people from the church I attend. Its important for me to get outside of the school and meet others. The farmers market proves to be a good place for that. They love Canadians and the town is only a 15-minute intense bike ride. Luckily I will be cruising on a scooter soon. Just getting use to the opposite side of the road and how to use round abouts by bicycle first.

We are required to share our personal testimony here so I am going to practice it at a local old folks home. Maybe practice it to a few sheep as well.

Our neighbor, Austrailia is having severe forest fires and about 300 people have lost their lives in it. They become trapped in their homes. Just terrible. I do not want to end on that note though…. Overall, I am doing very well and am happy! Life is good and I feel that these months will breeze by. Look forward to seeing you all again.

4 comments:

Erin Schinkel said...

Hey Ollie! ;)

great blog.. i am loving to read it along with some others here it seems, i hope one day perhaps we can return to your platform in the tree, that would be oh so cool. i'm glad that its going well and am thinking and praying for you. take care and enjoy the ride while you can.

xox,
e

Kare Bear said...

Hey Liv,
It's 10:45pm on Monday night (it think that means it is 5:45pm Tuesday for you) and I'm so very sad right now. You called 10 minutes ago and i was in the shower. When i heard the message my stomach just sank. I expected it to be my mom. It made me miss you so much because i can't just call you back. I am leaving for Mexico tomorrow morning at 8am so we have to leaving for the airport at like 3. Please call me again next wednesday evening if you can (that would make it Thursday evening for you) I love you and I miss you so much, I think about you everyday and say a pray for you whenever you come to my mind.
Sounds like you are having an amazing time.
Hope to talk to you soon!!
Kara

Monica said...

Hi Care Bear,
Thanks so much for including me in people to receive your blog. I enjoyed reading about your adventure so far. I've bookmarked this site so I can check up on you.
Monica (Megan's mom)

Anonymous said...

Ollie:
I am so glad to hear your doing well. Keep us all posted. I feel like I am living vicariously thru your life right now. What an awesome experience. Your in my prayers. Judi Reimer