Sunday, March 1, 2009

I have been looking forward to today for a while now. Today is a day we are not suppose to speak to anyone. An entire day for God! I am almost nervous. Really I should not even be writing this but I just got so excited that I had to share. I biked to the town library early this morning as I knew I could not be around campus to take this seriously. Stopped to look at some sheep as I knew they would not tempt me to talk. Well I suppose I did talk a little to try to get them to come closer with no success. So I go into the library and realize there are way too many people in there to distract me so I go back out and sit on a bench. I pray to God “please let me make this day without talking.” I open my bible and pretty much right away a lady approaches me and says “that’s a great book to get to know, isn’t it.” So now Im trapped and try not to be rude so I just go “mmmm mmmhmmm.” And I think I even gave her a thumbs up, something I try not to do too often. But of course she presses on and tells me a few ways God has worked in her life. Im nodding my head a lot at this point. Suddenly I come to the realization that maybe im taking this a little too serious so we did end up having a brief discussion about the power of the bible. I feel like when you meet a stranger with one big commonality: faith in the same Jesus, you walk away not being strangers anymore. That’s how I felt anyway. She touched my day, and hopefully I touched hers in a similar way.

Ok, now I have left the library bench and I have five hours left of silence. I am going to find a place to have my ham sandwich, and continue to learn, maybe by a nice river. Thank you for listening.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hope your day,that you were looking forward to, was successful! I also liked your last blog which included some goals while in NZ. Keep your blogs coming, they keep me smiling.