Thursday, July 23, 2009

since the blogs purpose is to tell you about the new events of my life I think its time I share about someone who has been very significant to me. Nearly two months ago I was a leader at a youth conference called HM rage. Every morning the leaders got together to talk and pray for the youth. Every morning Danny Hungerford sat across the room from me until the second last day. In New Zealand they often have a water jug with dirty and clean cups on either side. Being a naive canadian I go to grap a dirty cup. Danny kindly pointed out this mistake... and so went our first conversation. A week later Im doing some baking in capernwray. I am wearing long johns with moose on them for boys ages 7-11 with a second hand sweater. My teeth have most likely not been brushed. Danny decides to stop for a vistit... and so goes our second conversation. We had a milo at capernwray but every capernwray student was staring so we left for a walk. Conversation was easy. I was pretending I wasnt nervous. He opened doors, let me wear his sunglasses, wore his collar up. NOrmally I wouldnt get together with someone two days in a row but I told my self it didnt count because the day before was so short so I ended up going to Raglan beach with him sunday aft.

My last blog talked about living on a friends farm. Soo if you havent figured it out that "friend" is danny. I am enjoying getting to know him better every day. Heres just a little about him: He loves God. This is shown by the way he treats people, even strangers. We picked up a hitchiker and Danny took this opportunity to invite him to church and share that hes a christian. The hiker Rick said he would be at church sunday. A beautiful picture of God working through somene. Danny makes me laugh like I am 6 years old again. My cheeks hurt. He is not afraid to make fun of how I laugh so hard I dont make a sound, How i get stuck on the driveway way to often and my accent. The other day I said the word "poor" and he actually had no idea what I was trying to say. He has done some colledge for electrican work and did that for a while and is now working on the dairy farm. He is the definition of a farm boy. I have really fallen for him, and as much as I never want to rush a relationship something just feels right about him. I wake up every morning so happy as I know its one more day with him. I thank God for him often. Our personalities are like an oreo. Different, but good together.

I think if its Gods will, the relationship will work despite the long distance. This is not a two person relationship but a three person, with God being central .I pray that myself and Danny will continue to help each other know Jesus better and that in choosing to date we know that God is more important then each other.

Im writign this now as he is just finishing milking the cows. In the mornings I help teach the calves to feed and we hang out in the evenings. Yesterday we watched the stars, the night before we went to natural hot pools. We have done some sight seeing and somtimes go for a dirtbike. thats my favorite. We said we would not do a countdown but I not-so-secretly do. I have seven days to learn about danny before I take the long trip home. Cant wait to see you all. He'll be doing the same trip in December;)

love ols

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love you babe thanks for Writing this im Reading the rest of them slowly xoxox