Friday, May 22, 2009

why hello

much to say. Its getting cold here. brr. I need to purchase some sheep skin. getting out of my bunk bed is tough in the morning as our rooms are barely heated. Capernwray is very cost efficient with heat and milk portions. With much to say you wouldnt think that I would talk about the weather! oh my- im shivering as I write this and just sneezed all over my computer monitor. yuck. I dropped my lap top on cement and the screen broke so now I have this giant monitor that I found in the attic. By no means is it cold enough to have to plug in the old car but we have to let it run a while these days. Good thing it has a choke. On two week break me and Naomi were on the beach and I found a rotton fish. I thought it would be funny to put it on the windshield behind the wipers. Not funny nor intelligent. SOmetimes i forget to use a thought process and I do anything for a good laugh. When we put the vents on to defrost, we got the aroma of fish. It got worse and worse. haha. but we sure did laugh. I wish you could all meet this girl. She is such a peach and we have so much fun. She keeps me young. She is one of the younger ones here and I one of the older ones but youd never know. I am not looking forward to turning 23 out here in June! I feel silly being that old and I think I will run out of the room if people sing happy birthday. I dont think they will though as I will not being telling anyone. Hard to imagine that in six weeks I will be saying goodbye to all these people. For those of you who dont know... I will be homeless for about a week in new zealand after schools out and then go to Australia for a missions trip. But its not the ritzy australia. its the outback or the dessert of austrailia where many Aborigionals live and have not had the Gospel brought to them. The team will be sleeping under the stars, no tents, often no running water or electricity. Just us, the aborigionals and hopefully God working through us. I have been praying alot about the decision to go and its been a tough one. I do nto want the concept of how I FEEL determine my ministery. So often I try to live my life according to what I want and according to my desires. But if Christ truly dwells in me then I should be able to see him in EVERY area of my life and do everything to glorify his name. today we learnt in lecture that "A strong indication of christian maturity is the relaxed willingness to trust in the lord, to peacfully wait, and be good natured in the process." whew. sorry this is getting a bit heavy, its just whats been on my heart. God will provide answers. I just need to wait. I have been mediating on 1 Thessalonians 4:11... Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own buisness and to work with your hands... I need to learn to just be still and know that He is God. Capernwray has also now offered me an internship to work here alongside the staff for a year... just another thing to think about but it does not look like that is what I will be choosing. life brings soo many choices my mind sometimes aches.
hmmm... what else is new. On Tuesday (monday for you) I will be doing a 10 min speech on the topic of my choice. I chose to talk about Pain and Suffering and relate it to snowboarding all the while making it Christ centered. complicated. I made a cardboard snowboard which i will strap to my feet and stand on a chair. I will teach a little land snowboarding 101 and then talk about ways to fall on a snowboard. All snowboarders must endure some pain before getting good at the sport. Sometimes God uses pain and suffering to bring us closer to him. Suffering is not by itself good. What is good is the sufferer’s submission to God’s will. I think I have learnt a bit about this in the last year. Very cool stuff. I hope I do not fall off the chair. I think I will wear mittens and a helmet too. for effect of course. anyway, i best go here its 230 a.m for me and Im chopping firewood tomorrow at 830. I do like to busyness, something I need to be concious of and make sure there is balance. Im like my own pysciatrist.

2 comments:

matt said...

yo livi, how'd the snowboarding 101 speach go? i woulda loved to hear your thoughts on suffering and your demo on snowboard bailing :) (ya prob coulda used a bicycle example as well since they coulda all related, plus i think i remember you falling a few times haha jk).

Lee said...

Leaving? So Soon?